[SOLVED] Experiencing lag when i shouldn't be

Sep 24, 2019
So, i meet the required specs for the 2 games im currently playing on Uplay (assassins creed origins, and Far cry 5) and the first time i play assassins creed origins i was able to run the game in high/ultra graphics without going under 50 fps, and for some reason i cant even hold 20 fps on low to medium. Thinking it might have been just that game, i downloaded Far Cry 5 and tried to play on there to, in which i also cannot get above 30 fps even on low/medium. I thought maybe it was due to me overclocking my GPU with MSI afterburner, but every single game i own runs just fine and if not better than before, yet every game ive gotten off of uplay, is super slow now. Any ideas why that could be? (GTX 1050 TI, I3-2100 processor, 16 gb ram)

ive tested my FPS and other stuff on games like No Mans Sky, 7 Days to Die, Call Of Duty Black Ops III, GoldRush The Game, GTA San Andreas (with a graphics mod) and Minecraft with a ray tracing shaderpack, and they all run fine and better than before with the overclock, but the games on Uplay are slower.

(note: i have tried resetting the settings on MSI afterburner and completely uninstalling it and such to see if maybe the games just didn't like it but they are still slow, I'm just confused how i could go from running a game in high to ultra settings with 50+ fps to low at 15-20 fps )

(Also wasn't sure if to put this here or in overclocking)

Solution
So, I'm thinking you meet the bare minimum requirements for those two games. So, expecting good performance from them is probably overly optimistic. That said Ubi Soft is also known for low end CPU gutting DRM on their games. Chances are that this is the culprit more than your GPU. The 1050 Ti is a pretty ok-ish card for modern games. I expect that your CPU is just too weak for these Ubi Soft games plus their heavy DRM.

So, I'd suggest a CPU upgrade. Something like a 2nd gen i5 or i7 should be fairly cheap and drop right into your system, just check compatibility with the manufacturer.
So, I'm thinking you meet the bare minimum requirements for those two games. So, expecting good performance from them is probably overly optimistic. That said Ubi Soft is also known for low end CPU gutting DRM on their games. Chances are that this is the culprit more than your GPU. The 1050 Ti is a pretty ok-ish card for modern games. I expect that your CPU is just too weak for these Ubi Soft games plus their heavy DRM.

So, I'd suggest a CPU upgrade. Something like a 2nd gen i5 or i7 should be fairly cheap and drop right into your system, just check compatibility with the manufacturer.

Solution
Sep 15, 2019

I think he needs an overall upgrade of his PC to play this games, I dont know at what resolution are you trying to play in but that is way low for that game. It Even struggles in the 4th gen CPU's. The Graphics card is way to low to run that game in 720p maxed out.

Sep 14, 2019
So, i meet the required specs for the 2 games im currently playing on Uplay (assassins creed origins, and Far cry 5) and the first time i play assassins creed origins i was able to run the game in high/ultra graphics without going under 50 fps, and for some reason i cant even hold 20 fps on low to medium. Thinking it might have been just that game, i downloaded Far Cry 5 and tried to play on there to, in which i also cannot get above 30 fps even on low/medium. I thought maybe it was due to me overclocking my GPU with MSI afterburner, but every single game i own runs just fine and if not better than before, yet every game ive gotten off of uplay, is super slow now. Any ideas why that could be? (GTX 1050 TI, I3-2100 processor, 16 gb ram)

ive tested my FPS and other stuff on games like No Mans Sky, 7 Days to Die, Call Of Duty Black Ops III, GoldRush The Game, GTA San Andreas (with a graphics mod) and Minecraft with a ray tracing shaderpack, and they all run fine and better than before with the overclock, but the games on Uplay are slower.

(note: i have tried resetting the settings on MSI afterburner and completely uninstalling it and such to see if maybe the games just didn't like it but they are still slow, I'm just confused how i could go from running a game in high to ultra settings with 50+ fps to low at 15-20 fps )

(Also wasn't sure if to put this here or in overclocking)
I was expierencing similar problems with my gtx 1060 3GB. but only when i turned the graphics down. If i let Nvidia decide what the graphics should be set at (through their software) it runs great everything on high with 60fps.

Reactions: MicahEnvy
Sep 24, 2019
Far Cry 5 your cpu does not meet the minimum requirements and I expect the same for the other games. The i3 2100 was a low end cpu when it released 8 years ago, it is just too weak to play modern AAA games.
Yeah thats kind of what im finding out, oddly enough ive done some tweaking and such in my files and im now able to do Far Cry 5 on normal graphics with 35-50 which is a huge step up to what i was getting, but ill most likely just need to upgrade my CPU