[SOLVED] Experiencing many problems in terms of fps and lag

Jun 21, 2020
Really not sure what is going on, for some reason i have been experiencing lag and significantly lower fps lately and i just can not find why - i have searched alot for solutions.

For some reason my friends are experiencing higher fps in most games with a lower end rig. One of the games for example is Rust, which i get around 100 fps and around 60 fps in crowded areas (comparing to others with a 1080 ti, this seems to be under the norm).

Here is my userbench results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29703619

Would love an suggestions as i have yet to find a solution and i've been searching for a while - thanks!

Solution
That's a problem.
The CPU could be running below 100% for multiple reasons, games don't always utilize them to the max, but the GPU should be running at or slightly below 100 all the time while playing.

Surely you have tried reinstalling the display drivers from Nvidia, right? If not, you should, and you should use DDU.

Suspecting that it's a more serious issue:
Check the GPU temps, and if you can, try a different GPU in your computer, possibly something that draws around as much power as your current card.
If the other GPU runs fine, your GPU may be faulty.
If the other GPU also has the same problem, your power supply may not be supplying enough power to it.

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hi!

So you're saying you used to have better FPS with the exact same rig?

Because one thing I would change is the single-channel memory setup.
It doesn't matter that much, not as much as on Ryzen rigs for sure, but with certain CPU intensive titles, it can cause lag spikes and overall lower performance.

Other than that, have you checked your temperatures under load?
It could be the CPU or GPU throttling if their temps are high.

Jun 21, 2020
Hi!

So you're saying you used to have better FPS with the exact same rig?

Because one thing I would change is the single-channel memory setup.
It doesn't matter that much, not as much as on Ryzen rigs for sure, but with certain CPU intensive titles, it can cause lag spikes and overall lower performance.

Other than that, have you checked your temperatures under load?
It could be the CPU or GPU throttling if their temps are high.

My CPU has been running under about 100% lately for no reason, and my gpu has just been running at about 5% when playing games.

ProgamerIV

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
That's a problem.
The CPU could be running below 100% for multiple reasons, games don't always utilize them to the max, but the GPU should be running at or slightly below 100 all the time while playing.

Surely you have tried reinstalling the display drivers from Nvidia, right? If not, you should, and you should use DDU.

Suspecting that it's a more serious issue:
Check the GPU temps, and if you can, try a different GPU in your computer, possibly something that draws around as much power as your current card.
If the other GPU runs fine, your GPU may be faulty.
If the other GPU also has the same problem, your power supply may not be supplying enough power to it.

Solution