[SOLVED] Experiencing stuttering in games until reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallgi

Prominent
Jul 25, 2019
Hi Guys!

I'm experiencing a strange issue for about a month now. All my games are stuttering, even in menus. I thought it's a driver issue, but it's been this way with different nvidia drivers. If I start the game right after Win10 has loaded, they run completely smooth. But if I do let's say some browsing first for like 15 minutes or so, and then start the games, they stutter. Only a complete system restart helps. Logging out doesn't solve the problem. I have a Ryzen 5 3600 paired with a MSI 2070 Super and a ROG Strix B450-F motherboard. I've tried it with different games, so it's not a game specific problem. I also did a complete fresh install of win10 but the issue persists.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Solution
Problem solved in the meantime! It turns out, I have a FreeSync monitor and I had G-sync enabled for non-g-sync monitors in the nvidia control panel. Switching it off solved the stuttering instantly.

hallgi

Prominent
Jul 25, 2019
Problem solved in the meantime! It turns out, I have a FreeSync monitor and I had G-sync enabled for non-g-sync monitors in the nvidia control panel. Switching it off solved the stuttering instantly.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.