MB: Asus Prime z270-P
GPU: AMD RX 5700-XT (Sapphie Nitro+)
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K (4.2ghz)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x4GB
Hard drive: WD Blue 1TB (2012)
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Power supply: EVGA 650w g2 gold power supply
Monitor: XG270HU @144hz

I've also recently switched out my previous graphics card from an rx 480 to the one I have currently. I have tried clean installing my driver and have tested different v-sync (on/off/free-sync) but none take out the stuttering issue I have, in fact turning free-sync on makes me stutter like crazy more (not sure why). I have also tried full-screen/border-less window but still no change. Messing with settings doesn't impact the stuttering either and even when I can get 144 hz the stuttering is still noticeable. I'm not really sure what to do at this point as it is really annoying playing games and constantly stutter especially on critical fights. If anyone has any solution I could use some help.

Solution
I have windows 10, all up to date. The stuttering wasn't an issue initially but I started to notice the stuttering very early on. Currently I am playing borderlands 3, apex, dishonored 2, and overwatch. I have freesync, but I found it to dramatically increases stuttering so I leave it off. I had OC my cpu but I reverted it today as a test, with not much success. And I'm not sure about heat, is there a range that I need to look out for?
Heat can be a factor. Anything above 80-85 C for GPU and 75C for the CPU can cause some problems. I would also try reseating the graphics card into the PCIe slot, but before you put the new card back it blow out the PCIe slot with a duster can. There could have been a dust bunny that got installed...
Windows version? Did you upgrade to Windows 10? When did the stuttering start? What games do you play that stutter? Does your monitor have freesync? 8gb of RAM is low but its probably not your issue. Have you tried taking off any overclocks to hardware (including monitor)? Are you noticing any heat issues?

Nov 20, 2019
Windows version? Did you upgrade to Windows 10? When did the stuttering start? What games do you play that stutter? Does your monitor have freesync? 8gb of RAM is low but its probably not your issue. Have you tried taking off any overclocks to hardware (including monitor)? Are you noticing any heat issues?

I have windows 10, all up to date. The stuttering wasn't an issue initially but I started to notice the stuttering very early on. Currently I am playing borderlands 3, apex, dishonored 2, and overwatch. I have freesync, but I found it to dramatically increases stuttering so I leave it off. I had OC my cpu but I reverted it today as a test, with not much success. And I'm not sure about heat, is there a range that I need to look out for?

Heat can be a factor. Anything above 80-85 C for GPU and 75C for the CPU can cause some problems. I would also try reseating the graphics card into the PCIe slot, but before you put the new card back it blow out the PCIe slot with a duster can. There could have been a dust bunny that got installed into the slot with the new card which can cause shorting issues ie the stutters.

Solution
Nov 20, 2019
Heat can be a factor. Anything above 80-85 C for GPU and 75C for the CPU can cause some problems. I would also try reseating the graphics card into the PCIe slot, but before you put the new card back it blow out the PCIe slot with a duster can. There could have been a dust bunny that got installed into the slot with the new card which can cause shorting issues ie the stutters.
I reinstalled the card, and clean the PCIe slot. Just to update I have had much less stuttering as of today playing all my games. Appreciate the advice. (y)

TRENDING THREADS