Need Urgent help – XP corrupted?

My PC running Windows XP Professional will not boot.

Messages include ‘no video input’ (on monitor screen), ‘dram timing is
too tightly so reload timing’.

For days I just got he message ‘no video input’ on the monitor screen!

Then suddenly it partially booted.

I can boot in ‘safe mode’ but if I select ‘load Windows normally’ it
starts to boot, then goes into sleep mode after about 20 seconds. When
the screen with ‘Windows XP’ appears and the loading bar moves from
left to right some small ‘pieces’ of the bar are stagnant as the bar
moves along. Instead of finishing the boot the monitor then displays
‘going into sleep mode’!

What the heck is going on? Is it XP? Is it something else?

Who can help me get my world back?

Thanks in advance

William

--
hoblos

"hoblos" <hoblos.1vi3pm@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> Need Urgent help – XP corrupted?
>
> My PC running Windows XP Professional will not boot.
>
> Messages include ‘no video input’ (on monitor screen), ‘dram timing is
> too tightly so reload timing’.
>
> For days I just got he message ‘no video input’ on the monitor screen!
>
> Then suddenly it partially booted.
>
> I can boot in ‘safe mode’ but if I select ‘load Windows normally’ it
> starts to boot, then goes into sleep mode after about 20 seconds. When
> the screen with ‘Windows XP’ appears and the loading bar moves from
> left to right some small ‘pieces’ of the bar are stagnant as the bar
> moves along. Instead of finishing the boot the monitor then displays
> ‘going into sleep mode’!
>
> What the heck is going on? Is it XP? Is it something else?
>
> Who can help me get my world back?
>
> Thanks in advance

It sounds like a hardware problem. It could be bad ram. It could also be the
BIOS settings are wrong. What is the model of your motherboard? This will
help us tell you what settings to use.

Kerry

johnf

Its more than likely your "generic" ram. Go to your motherboards website and
see what brands of ram they recommend for you board.

--

johnf