Explain this one!

miata54

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
First, the info.

Two PC's, hers and mine, both HP's running Win7-64. Decided to set up Wi-Fi for both. Mine came with an internal Ralink adapter. Hers had no Wi-Fi adapter. I bought a TP Link WN722N with attached external antenna, for her PC. Router is a wireless Linksys. Router and modem are down stairs at the TV to allow ROKU3 connection. PC's are upstairs. 3 bars on signal strength. Good quick connections for the internet on both PC's. Now the fun part!

She likes games. She has a dozen or so games from Big Fish. With the TP Link connected to her PC (USB), after selecting a game to play, which are on her HDD, the game will start, and within 30 seconds, the game drops back to the game menu and she is forced to start the game over. Happens on any and every Big Fish game she has. NOW, disconnect the TP Link adapter from the PC and every game plays normally until she closes them.

Interested in your thoughts.

Thanks

Chris

Solution
Try disabling the wireless management software that came with the tp-link and using windows' wireless management software to see if that sorts it out.

TRENDING THREADS