Explanation needed for Code 30 in ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Mobo

WILDLEGHORN

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Rig is in my sig!

So everything works perfectly fine but whenever I put my PC to sleep in Windows 7 x64 & return to wake it up, everything works & is perfectly fine running but dr. Debug shows me Code 30 on the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 mobo instead of code AA like it normally does!

What does this dr. Debug code 30 mean? Anyone have any idea?

I'd really like to find it out but the manual that came with my mobo doesn't say anything specific about this particular error code, i already checked!

So plz tell me if this code 30 is normal & what it actually means?

From what I have read, it seems to be related to ram being not quite fully seated so my first step here would be to give the ram sticks a firm push down on both sides just to be sure.
On Asus boards, 30 relates to "waking up from S3 state" which seems to be accurate for your symptoms, strange that it would keep that and not revert back to the AA code once up and running.
As far as fixes, if it runs right, I don't know that I would fret too much about it but reseating ram is really the only "fix" I found - one thread had a statement about checking ram timings which you might do but I do not know how effective that would be.
Hope it helps

WILDLEGHORN

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I already checked the UEFI BIOS & ram timings & even the 1.2 XMP RAM profile is perfectly loaded like it should! On windows it's also showing up as 8Gigs RAM.

Wouldn't the RAM stick not get detected if it were loose/improperly seated in the first place??

Also can this Code 30 be the result of any changes being made to the UEFI Bios? Is there some setting in the Bios that might affect it?

WILDLEGHORN

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
btw I inquired ASRock america support team via email...the guy emailed back! He said-

"Please ignore the Dr. Debug code if the system is working fine.
That is for technical reference while system is not getting screen post.

Thank you"

so i guess it's all set then.