G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Why is my windows explore locking up when I open it and try to view folders.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi it seems that you might have a virus and/or spyware on your computer. I
would like for you to going in windows and right click on my computer on the
desktop and go to properties and go to the system restore tab and check the
box to turn off the system restore and click apply and ok. Then get a
anti-virus program and do a full scan on your computer if you don't have a
anti-virs program you can download avg's for free at http://www.grisoft.com
and anti-spyware program at http://www.lavasoftusa.com to download Ad-Aware
SE. After that go and download hijackthis for free on the internet and then
run a scan and save the log and paste the log at this site

http://www.hijackthis.de and it will tell you want to check and to remove
and then restart the computer and see how it goes there is a virus and/or
spyware on you computer that is corrupting your system by locking up when
going through folders and opening them even though you might fix the virus
and/or spyware with system restore on it's still saved in there that's why I
had you turn it off. and that should fix it.

Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks


"Odie" wrote:

> Why is my windows explore locking up when I open it and try to view folders.
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Matthew
did what you said but windows explore still locks up



"Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:3519A03D-1EDC-4E36-9402-35FE77687122@microsoft.com...
> Hi it seems that you might have a virus and/or spyware on your computer. I
> would like for you to going in windows and right click on my computer on
> the
> desktop and go to properties and go to the system restore tab and check
> the
> box to turn off the system restore and click apply and ok. Then get a
> anti-virus program and do a full scan on your computer if you don't have a
> anti-virs program you can download avg's for free at
> http://www.grisoft.com
> and anti-spyware program at http://www.lavasoftusa.com to download
> Ad-Aware
> SE. After that go and download hijackthis for free on the internet and
> then
> run a scan and save the log and paste the log at this site
>
> http://www.hijackthis.de and it will tell you want to check and to remove
> and then restart the computer and see how it goes there is a virus and/or
> spyware on you computer that is corrupting your system by locking up when
> going through folders and opening them even though you might fix the virus
> and/or spyware with system restore on it's still saved in there that's why
> I
> had you turn it off. and that should fix it.
>
> Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
> was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> problems.
> Thanks
>
>
> "Odie" wrote:
>
>> Why is my windows explore locking up when I open it and try to view
>> folders.
>>
>>
>>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

It could be memory issue how much memory as in ram sticks do you have in the
computer and how many sticks do you have try just using one and see if that
fixes the problem if you only got one or it's still not working try using a
different memory stick in that computer and it should fix your problem. If
not your hard drive files might be corrupted. Then I would like for you to
run chdisk go to start and run and go type in chkdsk /F and then a commnd
prompt window will show up and ask you yes or no to startup when computer
restarts type in Y and press enter and restart the computer. OK thanks

--
Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don''t forget to select yes if this
was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there problems.
Thanks

Matthew Senecal


"Odie" wrote:

> Hi Matthew
> did what you said but windows explore still locks up
>
>
>
> "Matthew Senecal" <MatthewSenecal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:3519A03D-1EDC-4E36-9402-35FE77687122@microsoft.com...
> > Hi it seems that you might have a virus and/or spyware on your computer. I
> > would like for you to going in windows and right click on my computer on
> > the
> > desktop and go to properties and go to the system restore tab and check
> > the
> > box to turn off the system restore and click apply and ok. Then get a
> > anti-virus program and do a full scan on your computer if you don't have a
> > anti-virs program you can download avg's for free at
> > http://www.grisoft.com
> > and anti-spyware program at http://www.lavasoftusa.com to download
> > Ad-Aware
> > SE. After that go and download hijackthis for free on the internet and
> > then
> > run a scan and save the log and paste the log at this site
> >
> > http://www.hijackthis.de and it will tell you want to check and to remove
> > and then restart the computer and see how it goes there is a virus and/or
> > spyware on you computer that is corrupting your system by locking up when
> > going through folders and opening them even though you might fix the virus
> > and/or spyware with system restore on it's still saved in there that's why
> > I
> > had you turn it off. and that should fix it.
> >
> > Reply back and let me know how it goes. Don't forget to select yes if this
> > was helpful on my post. I always like helping out people with there
> > problems.
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> > "Odie" wrote:
> >
> >> Why is my windows explore locking up when I open it and try to view
> >> folders.
> >>
> >>
> >>
>
>
>