Explore The 18 Quintillion Planets With The New 'No Man's Sky' Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
" it’s going to take some time before a significant portion of the planets are discovered."

What's your definition of "a significant portion"?...or I guess the question could be "What's your definition of "some time"."? :)

Tagline that Hello can use, free of charge: "No man's sky. Now with more planets than the actual universe!"**

**not strictly true, since the universe is estimated to have 10^24 planets, and no man's sky only has 10^18, but it's a significant portion! :D

liffie

Honorable
Jul 9, 2014
@QUILCIRI well the truth of the matter it is actually not that far off there are 18 quintillion worlds in the game and there are about 1 sextillion stars in our universe to its just an order of magnitude smaller than the real observable universe, and that just assumes that stars are included in the 18 quintillion number.

It's *six* orders of magnitude off (as I posted above) of the estimated planets in the real universe, or 1/1,000,000th of the estimated amount.

http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2013/01/05/how-many-planets-are-in-the-universe/

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
A Quintilian has 18 zeroes unless you are in most of Europe where it has 30 zeroes. A Quadrillion has 15 zeroes (in the US).

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
i have a feeling this game is gonna be a big turd. i'm already bored of the game from just watching the 20 minute playthrough on IGN. Doesn't look like there is much to do and your discoveries dont give much satisfaction.

rush21hit

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Yep. That's it. I'm sold.

I want to pretend I'm still alive when our civilization technology reach this level. To my understanding, I'm convinced that people in this game at least at Tier 2 of Kardashev scale.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Brace yourselves, fractal universes are coming, not just in games but in explaining physics too... and there is even a 'Building A Universe Competition' #BAUniC going on as well, and a #BAUniC Fictioniverse on top of it for a tv series or movies.
e=mc2 is just one fragment of transformation to a higher dimensional fractal. Accept it or denounce 2+2 along.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKyth_yoJBc Max Tegmark says it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.