Explorer closes when looking at printer properties

when I click on printers and faxes in the control panel, an error message
comes up and says windows explorer needs to close. I cannot change settings
for the printer. I am using a Lexmark z65 printer. System restore did not
fix the problem.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer?

Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging