Explorer crashes all the time

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

No virus, no spyware. SP2 installed. Explorer keeps
crashing everytime I look in a directory where there is
large size files (over 5 Gigs). I also get this DR
watson post mortem debugger crash thing all the time as
well. SP2 thanks alot!

any suggestions....
No I do not have spysweeper installed on my system. Thanks

John wrote:
> *No virus, no spyware. SP2 installed. Explorer keeps
> crashing everytime I look in a directory where there is
> large size files (over 5 Gigs). I also get this DR
> watson post mortem debugger crash thing all the time as
> well. SP2 thanks alot!
>
> any suggestions....
> No I do not have spysweeper installed on my system. Thanks *

I have exactly the same problem since installing SP2.

Exploere crashes when I go to folders that have graphics.

Also takes my Photo software out with it.

Any cluse?

--
mpb1955

Same problem here...affecting two computers. The one
that is still running SP1 works fine. I also have
problems right clicking on files such as when I click on
Start, All Programs and choose any file by right clicking
on it. No pop-up menu appears...it just hangs there for
a bit and eventually I am back to the main desktop.

same problem "dr watson post mortem" error.
grr
it happens when i click on a folder that has graphics.
strange thing is i can explore to it and view thumbnails that way...but
if i start switching folders then it crashes and i end up at the desktop
again.
this started after sp2...all i wanted was to get rid of the 0% globe
icon for auto updates.

constantly crashing isn't my idea of security updates.

anyway, i am subscribing so if anyone figures out the cure then please
post.

--
adkenc