explorer crashes when loading video files

Whenever I try to play, move, delete, rename, or even
sometimes just select a video file explorer crashes. This
only happens with video files. This started happening to me
after I installed Service Pack 2. Before I installed SP2 if
I tried to delete, rename, or move video files an error
message would come up saying that the file is in use and it
wouldn't let me make changes.
I am pretty sure that these things only happen to .avi
files, I haven't noticed it happening to any other types of
video files.
If someone could please tell me how to fix this or where to
get an update or patch that could fix it(if one exists)
that would be great.
Thanks so much!

I'm having the same problem since installing sp2. When I
view a directory on my hard drive that contains video
files I get a message such as
Instruction at "0x01fc3397" referenced memory
at "0x00000000" the memory could not be "written". If
anyone can come up with a fix, I would appreciate it.
This happens weather using Open or Explore.

I've been having this problem ever since installing SP2. Any folder with
AVI files will crash Explorer. (I don't get an error message though - I only
get the notice that Windows is sending the problem report to MicroSoft).

HELP!

LorneParent wrote:
> *I've been having this problem ever since installing SP2. Any folder
> with
> AVI files will crash Explorer. (I don't get an error message though -
> I only
> get the notice that Windows is sending the problem report to
> MicroSoft).
>
> HELP! *

I have exactly the same problem but I got an error message. Signature
is:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: qdv.dll
ModVer: 6.5.2600.2180 Offset: 00006e2b

--
PHC