When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
How can this be solved?
Thanks in advance,
Geert

Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
> I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
> How can this be solved?
> Thanks in advance,
> Geert

Wes,
Thanks for you answer.
I disabled all the context-menu handlers using the ShellExView utility,
but the problem is still there.
I noticed also that the LAN connection can't be turned off.
Maybe that's the reason.
Geert

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:ePCJ6uYrFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
> Windows XP SP2
> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
>> I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
>> How can this be solved?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Geert

Geert,

> I noticed also that the LAN connection can't be turned off.

What LAN connection? Can't be turned off where?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uDlKXKarFHA.2228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Wes,
> Thanks for you answer.
> I disabled all the context-menu handlers using the ShellExView utility,
> but the problem is still there.
> I noticed also that the LAN connection can't be turned off.
> Maybe that's the reason.
> Geert
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
>> Windows XP SP2
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>>
>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>
>> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
>>> I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
>>> How can this be solved?
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Geert

Wes,

My Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection.
When I right-click the LAN connection to disconnect, it won't.
Thanks
Geert

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:eDsmnPbrFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Geert,
>
>> I noticed also that the LAN connection can't be turned off.
>
> What LAN connection? Can't be turned off where?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uDlKXKarFHA.2228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Wes,
>> Thanks for you answer.
>> I disabled all the context-menu handlers using the ShellExView utility,
>> but the problem is still there.
>> I noticed also that the LAN connection can't be turned off.
>> Maybe that's the reason.
>> Geert
>>

>> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>>> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
>>> Windows XP SP2
>>> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>>>
>>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>>
>>> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>>> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

Hi Wesley,
Problem solved with Shellexview:
I disabled the PGP Shell extension, type System (not Contextmenu type).
Thanks for your help.
Geert Geerits

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:ePCJ6uYrFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
> Windows XP SP2
> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
>> I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
>> How can this be solved?
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Geert

Geert,

Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23F2rvujrFHA.2228@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wesley,
> Problem solved with Shellexview:
> I disabled the PGP Shell extension, type System (not Contextmenu type).
> Thanks for your help.
> Geert Geerits
>
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
>> Windows XP SP2
>> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>>
>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>
>> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:On3%2385XrFHA.2588@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I right-click a folder in Windows explorer, explorer hangs.
>>> I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2.
>>> How can this be solved?
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Geert

No, this one is still not working, I will have to do more testing, even if the cable is disconnected, I can't disable the LAN.
Thanks anyway.
Geert

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:%23RBqApkrFHA.3888@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Geert,
>
> Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Hi Geert,

Does it work from Network Connections?

Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK |
Right click on your connection | Disable
or
Click your connection | Click Disable this network device
under Network Tasks
or
Double click your connection | Disable button

Do any of the above work?

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OAbdm%23krFHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> No, this one is still not working, I will have to do more testing, even
> if the cable is disconnected, I can't disable the LAN. Thanks anyway.
> Geert
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>> Geert,
>>
>> Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Forgot this...

PRB: Cannot Enable or Disable a Network Device from the Network Connections
Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318291

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OAbdm%23krFHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> No, this one is still not working, I will have to do more testing, even
> if the cable is disconnected, I can't disable the LAN. Thanks anyway.
> Geert
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>> Geert,
>>
>> Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Hi Wesley,
None of them is working.
Geert

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:O$HvgDnrFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi Geert,
>
> Does it work from Network Connections?
>
> Start | Run | Type: ncpa.cpl | Click OK |
> Right click on your connection | Disable
> or
> Click your connection | Click Disable this network device
> under Network Tasks
> or
> Double click your connection | Disable button
>
> Do any of the above work?
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OAbdm%23krFHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> No, this one is still not working, I will have to do more testing, even
>> if the cable is disconnected, I can't disable the LAN. Thanks anyway.
>> Geert
>>

>> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>>> Geert,
>>>
>>> Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Wesley,
I can indeed enable or disable the device from the Device Manager.
Thanks for all your help.
Geert Geerits

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht news:O7cBeHnrFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Forgot this...
>
> PRB: Cannot Enable or Disable a Network Device from the Network Connections
> Folder
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318291
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OAbdm%23krFHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl,
> Geert Geerits <ggeerits@geenspamhotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
>> No, this one is still not working, I will have to do more testing, even
>> if the cable is disconnected, I can't disable the LAN. Thanks anyway.
>> Geert
>>

>> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> schreef in bericht
>>> Geert,
>>>
>>> Did this also fix the disable (disconnect) problem with the LAN icon?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Glad to hear it, Geert. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User