Explorer, "my computer" etc. will not start when clicked

While netscape and many other programs do. I also get the
message that an error has occurred and active desktop is
disabled (I can reenable it, but it disables when trying to
start explorer etc.). Everything worked fine untill now
earlier, but something obviously crunched yesterday when
explorer crashed. What shall I do?

Bjørn

reply to yours. If you do find the answer, please let me
know.

Howard Graham

have any luck? I am having the exact same problem

This appears to be a poopular problem, one that I'm experiencing as well: My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, Search, Windows Explorer, etc........ ApplicAtions open fine.

No, no luck, only frustrated users with same problem - no
solution. Have you received any useful hints?
Bjørn