explorer opens install program?

Every time an explorer window opens, be it internet or windows, the install
program for Money starts up. Any ideas how to stop this?

How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Doris RL" wrote:

| Every time an explorer window opens, be it internet or windows, the install
| program for Money starts up. Any ideas how to stop this?

The problem is when I click on a desktop icon to open a window, not when I
try to install something.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp
>
> Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>
> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
> Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).
>
> [Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Doris RL" wrote:
>
> | Every time an explorer window opens, be it internet or windows, the install
> | program for Money starts up. Any ideas how to stop this?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Doris RL wrote:

> The problem is when I click on a desktop icon to open a window, not when I
> try to install something.
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>How to resolve Common "Windows Installer" Problems
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555175&Product=winxp
>>
>>Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
>>
>>Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
>>Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).
>>
>>[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]
>>
>>--
>>Carey Frisch
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Windows XP - Shell/User
>>Microsoft Newsgroups
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Doris RL" wrote:
>>
>>| Every time an explorer window opens, be it internet or windows, the install
>>| program for Money starts up. Any ideas how to stop this?

But it is an installer problem, doing an on demand install. Look at the
links Carey gave.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I DID look at them. The first one is for not being able to open installer
programs. My problem is that installer for Microsoft Money opens every time
an Explorer window opens. The second one gives a download, which I downed
and ran, but it only showed the programs I currently have installed, and gave
no instructions other than "causes permanent changes". The third link
doesn't work at all. And to make matters worse, now my laptop is doing the
same thing, just trying to install a different program, not Money. Maybe I
have a virus, but my pccillin doesn't find it....