Explorer stopped working

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Sorry if this is in the wrong area, was not sure where to put it. I am running windows 7 64bit, my home page is msn.co.uk and my e-mail is a msn.com account. I have tried sending my brother a small video clip of a game, its less than 6mb but every time I insert the video into the e-mail I have a box come up saying that "Internet explorer has stopped working" and then the program which in this case is my e-mail closes. It happens with a couple of other programs as well. Could some one please tell what is causing it, its so frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Could be an MSN thing as I get it. Not IE, but the message MSN has stopped working as I use MSN Explorer ( have MSN Premium ). In my case it is usually after a certain amout of time with no activity. If the file was too big, you would get a message telling you that.

andy_93

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
First off, thank you for taking the time to reply. The file is less than 6mb, you can send up to 10mb in a e-mail, also I turned on my pc and tried it as soon as it booted, so it had not been idle for any time at all but so I don't think its going to be one of those ideas but thank you for answering.

I rarely Use I.E. and just click on the MSN butterfly to go online. As I said, if the files were to big, you would have gotten a message so that apparantly isn't an issue. Do you know what version of I.E. you are running. With XP, you acn only run up to I.E. 8 with Vista and Windows 7 I.E. 10.

No need to uninstall I.E. If you click the Butterfly Logo, you will be using the MSN Explorer anyway. The stuff I was talking about cleaning out will slow down your computer if it builds up enough, and i suppose coud interfere with other things as well.