WindDancer

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2005

i have new computer with xp,has norton.it has recently been crashing when i
am using internet explorer.there are other users on my computer.i keep anti
virus and windows update regular.can i load another type of anti virus
on,just incase.any suggestions,plz
--
jo68

Hi,

IE crashing is usually caused by a bad plug-in. With Internet Explorer
closed, go to the control panel/Internet Options and click on the programs
tab. Near the bottom, click 'manage add-ons'. In the list that appears,
click on each non-microsoft listing and then on the bottom left disable it.
Continue until you complete examining the entire list. Apply/ok your way
out, then reboot the system.

Now open Internet Explorer and see if you are still having the problem. If
not, then you know it was one of the ones you disabled. You can further
isolate it by reenabling a few at a time until the trouble starts again.
Once you know which one is the problem, you can either leave it disabled or
remove it from the system.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/