Export FlightPlan from FSNav to SB3

Danny

I can create a flight plan in FSNav and easily save it or export it to
FS2004. Now that I have installed Squawk Box 3, I attempt to export from
FSNav to Squawkbox. It goes through the gyrations and saves the plan with
an .sbp extension. When I run SB3 and attempt to load a plan, it does not
see the plan I exported from FSNav since SB3 is looking for a file with a
..sfp extension. I can create the plan in SB3 and save it without problem.
But how do I get FSNav to export in the proper .sfp format. From FSNav,I
have tried to name the file with the extension expected by SB3 but no joy.
When I open and view the .sfp I created with SB3 and .sbp file I created
with FSNav (with Notepad), the content of both files are quite different.
I was never able to get the previous version of SB to work so I am not
familiar with what file extension it required. I am guessing the new SB3
has changed to a different file extension that FSNav is not capable of
creating. Don't believe I have ever submitted a problem that did not get
solved by this group so I am confident there is an answer.
Danny

I am in the same situation you are. I am guessing that they will need to
release a patch or an update for FSNav to enable it to generate valid flight
plans for SB3.

For now I am doing it manually ... yeah it's annoying :(

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA / PP-ASEL
My on-line aviation community -> http://www.thepilotlounge.com

Try this from the AVSIM file library:

SB3 Flightplan Converter
SB3FlightplanConverter is a program to convert flightplans into the new
Squawkbox3 flightplan format. You can either convert flightplans
created for the old Squawkbox 2.x FMS (exported from FSNavigator) or
flightplans created with the flightplanner which is built into
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.

Filename: sb3fpconvert.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 28th March 2005
Downloads: 634
Author: Andreas Jatridis
Size: 254kb

Danny

I'll try that converter. This group always comes through.
Danny

"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1112547258.30528@forums.simradar.com...

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 11:55:06 -0500, David Wilson-Okamura wrote:

> Try this from the AVSIM file library:
>
> SB3 Flightplan Converter
> SB3FlightplanConverter is a program to convert flightplans into the new
> Squawkbox3 flightplan format. You can either convert flightplans
> created for the old Squawkbox 2.x FMS (exported from FSNavigator) or
> flightplans created with the flightplanner which is built into
> Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.
>
> Filename: sb3fpconvert.zip
> License: Freeware, limited distribution
> Added: 28th March 2005
> Downloads: 634
> Author: Andreas Jatridis
> Size: 254kb

Wonderful find, David!

--

Marcel
(Chance favours the prepared mind.)

Danny

I d/l FSINN. It associates itself with FSNav. When I choose EXPORT from the
FSNav menu, one of the options is to export to FSINN. I open flightplan in
the FSINN and the FSNav generated flight plan is there. I think I'll tinker
with FSINN a while since I see nothing in the SB forums from the creator
about making any adjustments to his SB3 to accept plans from FSNav. FSINN
worked fine Sunday evening when I used it the first time. Don't think it is
quite as intuitive as SB3, but neither is the engine start procedure on the
PMDG 737 . . . but you eventually learn.
Thanks to all who offered advise. The converter that was mentioned worked
to convert the plan to SB3, but too many clicks to accomplish the task.
Danny

"DANNY" <drmckee@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> I can create a flight plan in FSNav and easily save it or export it to
> FS2004. Now that I have installed Squawk Box 3, I attempt to export from
> FSNav to Squawkbox. It goes through the gyrations and saves the plan with
> an .sbp extension. When I run SB3 and attempt to load a plan, it does not
> see the plan I exported from FSNav since SB3 is looking for a file with a
> .sfp extension. I can create the plan in SB3 and save it without problem.
> But how do I get FSNav to export in the proper .sfp format. From FSNav,I
> have tried to name the file with the extension expected by SB3 but no joy.
> When I open and view the .sfp I created with SB3 and .sbp file I created
> with FSNav (with Notepad), the content of both files are quite different.
> I was never able to get the previous version of SB to work so I am not
> familiar with what file extension it required. I am guessing the new SB3
> has changed to a different file extension that FSNav is not capable of
> creating. Don't believe I have ever submitted a problem that did not get
> solved by this group so I am confident there is an answer.
> Danny

Bob

DANNY wrote:

> I can create a flight plan in FSNav and easily save it or export it to
> FS2004. Now that I have installed Squawk Box 3, I attempt to export from
> FSNav to Squawkbox. It goes through the gyrations and saves the plan with
> an .sbp extension. When I run SB3 and attempt to load a plan, it does not
> see the plan I exported from FSNav since SB3 is looking for a file with a
> .sfp extension. I can create the plan in SB3 and save it without problem.
> But how do I get FSNav to export in the proper .sfp format. From FSNav,I
> have tried to name the file with the extension expected by SB3 but no joy.
> When I open and view the .sfp I created with SB3 and .sbp file I created
> with FSNav (with Notepad), the content of both files are quite different.
> I was never able to get the previous version of SB to work so I am not
> familiar with what file extension it required. I am guessing the new SB3
> has changed to a different file extension that FSNav is not capable of
> creating. Don't believe I have ever submitted a problem that did not get
> solved by this group so I am confident there is an answer.
> Danny

I just looked so I could tell you the file name but can't find it. So do
some searching on the VATSIM Web Page and you will find a small program
that will re-format the flight plan. So much for 1 click flying. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)