Export Users to a file and import into another domain?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

"-->JD" <jd@ms.com> wrote in message
> Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

Not to a file, no.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

If both domains are at Windows 2003 level, you can use ADMT v2 to
export/import objects. For security principal objects, their SIDs will be
kept in sidhistory attribute, and the migration should be completely
transparent in terms of access.

--
Dmitry Korolyov [d__k@removethispart.mail.ru]
MVP: Windows Server - Directory Services

"-->JD" <jd@ms.com> wrote in message
> Can I import users to a file, AND maintain that users SID information?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory (More info?)

The ADMTv2 will not let you output to a file, but it will let you transfer
the accounts with the SIDHistory. Neither of the domains have to be at the
Windows 2003 level... The Destination domain, however, must be at the
windows 2000 Native mode or better.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA