Express Gate Not Installed

Claudiu Ioanitescu

Honorable
Jun 25, 2014
Hi guys,

Last night I accidentally fell asleep while my PC was turned on. When I woke up it entered hibernation. No button pressing would wake it ( not even the power and reset buttons ) so I used the switch on the back of the case. After turning it back on I get a message saying:

EXPRESS GATE IS NOT INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM OR THE INSTALLATION IS INCOMPLETE. TO GET INTERNET ACCESS WITHIN SECONDS OF STARTING YOUR COMPUTER, PLEASE USE EXPRESS GATE INSTALLER TO INSTALL EXPRESS GATE.

After this, a splash screen with Asus appears and after the usual booting screen I get this message:

Marvell 88SE61xx Adapter - BIOS Version 1.1.0.L70d

Adapter 1
Disks Information:
No hard disk is detected!

After all this my Windows 8 starts normally except I have no internet connection.

I turned off Express Gate in BIOS and I also tried reinstalling Express Gate but this still didn't fix my problem.

Claudiu Ioanitescu

Honorable
Jun 25, 2014
I managed to fix the problem eventually. It turned out that I forgot to switch off the Marvel Adapter IDE in BIOS and this took care of the Express Gate as well ( after disabling it ). As for the internet connection, the motherboard stopped supplying power to the network adapter somehow so I turned off my PC and unplugged the cords for a few seconds. Now everything is fine. Hope this helps someone else in the future.