[SOLVED] Express or custom install for Nvidia driver?

Solution
The only difference is that an update will preserve whatever nvidia settings you have made.
A clean install will reset to default settings.
Really, your choice, the driver will be exactly the same.
"Express" will install everything.

"Custom" allows you to see what's going to be installed & allows you to deselect what you don't want. (eg I didn't want Nvidia audio drivers a few years ago).

Personally I prefer to see each item that's going to be installed before it happens. It's a good habit to get into as some install routines will often sneak something in that you didn't know about.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
"Express" will install everything.

"Custom" allows you to see what's going to be installed & allows you to deselect what you don't want. (eg I didn't want Nvidia audio drivers a few years ago).

Personally I prefer to see each item that's going to be installed before it happens. It's a good habit to get into as some install routines will often sneak something in that you didn't know about.
What about the clean install option should i do it or not?

I use custom.
It may not be clear which options you can do without.
I do not select nvidia experience, 3d or sound.

If you are updating drivers, I do not do a clean install.

If I ever get into trouble, I can always do a clean install.

If in doubt about any of this, take a user system checkpoint first.
That way you can recover to where you were if you have a problem and can't remember what you changed.

M.AGamer

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
I use custom.
It may not be clear which options you can do without.
I do not select nvidia experience, 3d or sound.

If you are updating drivers, I do not do a clean install.

If I ever get into trouble, I can always do a clean install.

If in doubt about any of this, take a user system checkpoint first.
That way you can recover to where you were if you have a problem and can't remember what you changed.
Yes i am updating driver i want to know if i should do the clean install option or not and why

TRENDING THREADS