Exsiting phone and dsl

Katherine17

Commendable
Dec 30, 2016
Exsiting phone wall outlit and a dsl / phone filter with line going to my phone. And dsl going to my modem which i have my desktop pluged into, in my bedroom. I want to run a cat 5 from nid box outside to the spare room which im making into my office. So I wanted to check the wiring that is present and test with a cat 5 cable. So i went out to the nid box and there is a green screw and a red screw and the cable that's already there it has two wires white / blue wire that's connected to Green screw and a blue wire that's connected to the red screw so I hooked up my CAT5 cable the same way they had it i ran the cat5 around in my front door through my house to my room and i unscrewed the phone jack of the wall to check wiring colors. And which wires where And there was only two wires the white/ blue and blue wires one to red and one to green even though there was four place to connect wires to the wall phone jack so i had bought a phone jack wall outlet to install in spare room so i took the cat 5 and connected the. New wall outlet the same way they had it and i unpluged the phone line from original outlet that ive been useing that has the dsl/phone filter on it which goes to modem and telephone, turned on computer i have internet checked phone worked great all lights are on and currect on modem.. So i un hooked cat 5 thinking this is a go and i ran a long cat 5. From nid box through my walls up into my attic down into my spare room in the wall took the wall phone jack hook it up just the way I had it down in my room when I tested it and I went downstairs in my room and I got my modem unplugged it from the phone line on the wall phone jack took it upstairs plug the plug right into the wall phone jack that I just bought and tested down stairs plugged it in with the dsl/filter one of the cords into the phone one of the cords into the modem to the computer and could not get a solid light it was a blinking light for internet i checked all wires again all still the same as the original I need help please