• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Ext fan connectors on a GTX1060

jr9

Estimable
Dec 6, 2017
The fans built into the graphics card? They get their electricity from the PCIe slot (or perhaps the PCIE cable, not sure).

Plug in the card, connect the 6 or 8 pin PCIe from the power supply to the graphics card female slot. Start the system and it should work. If your power supply lacks the 6 or 8 pin male PCIe connectors, you may need to upgrade the power supply.

walker6700

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
I just found my answer. I connect the two fans that will push air to the GPU too the GPU connectors. Wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask.....Thanks All! Merry Christmas

jr9

Estimable
Dec 6, 2017
The fans built into the graphics card? They get their electricity from the PCIe slot (or perhaps the PCIE cable, not sure).

Plug in the card, connect the 6 or 8 pin PCIe from the power supply to the graphics card female slot. Start the system and it should work. If your power supply lacks the 6 or 8 pin male PCIe connectors, you may need to upgrade the power supply.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS