[SOLVED] Extend C drive space

Status
Not open for further replies.

asim patan

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2019
Hi,
I have unused G: drive space in Disk 0, and C: drive in Disk 1.

I want to add Disk 0 G: drive to Disk 1 C: drive.

Can anybody suggest me to add extra space from Disk 0 --> C: drive in Disk 1?

Reactions: rezaayoubi
Solution
Well....there's the actual problem.
You have an 80GB drive for your OS (C drive).

You don't go through the complexities and hazards of "merging" that with space on another physical drive.
Instead, you ditch that tiny 80GB thing completely.

Seriously

Is this an ancient spinning HDD, or a slightly less ancient SSD?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The system will remain working. These posts are based on lack of knowledge on how storage spaces work and how it's set up.

Uh, no, they're not. They're good advice.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean that it should. It's no different than the people who choose to encrypt everything "just because I can" and then pay the price when something goes wrong, and they have no backups.

There has been no specific need expressed anywhere, just a vague desire based on not much of anything. Good advice means discouraging potentially problematic courses of action.

Uh, no, they're not. They're good advice.

Just because something can be done doesn't mean that it should. It's no different than the people who choose to encrypt everything "just because I can" and then pay the price when something goes wrong, and they have no backups.

There has been no specific need expressed anywhere, just a vague desire based on not much of anything. Good advice means discouraging potentially problematic courses of action.
I'm not stating the end user shouldn't have a backup of his data. Enabling and configuring storage spaces will not incur data loss.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Having someone configure a software RAID, under these circumstances, just doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Thus, I don't recommend it regardless of whether data loss is a factor or not. It's that simple.

There's more to answering something than just taking a request only at face value and providing an answer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.