[SOLVED] Extend C drive space

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asim patan

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2019
Hi,
I have unused G: drive space in Disk 0, and C: drive in Disk 1.

I want to add Disk 0 G: drive to Disk 1 C: drive.

Can anybody suggest me to add extra space from Disk 0 --> C: drive in Disk 1?

Reactions: rezaayoubi
Solution
Well....there's the actual problem.
You have an 80GB drive for your OS (C drive).

You don't go through the complexities and hazards of "merging" that with space on another physical drive.
Instead, you ditch that tiny 80GB thing completely.

Seriously

Is this an ancient spinning HDD, or a slightly less ancient SSD?
what happens if one drive dies? data from C partition all gone
what happens if u decide to remove replace drive with G partition? data from C drive wont work, upgrading drive will mean full wipe needed for system drive
software space spannin is easy to do...but too much hassle to work with later on

as somebody said before, its much easier to mount folder, free space on G will be accesible from C drive

asim patan

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2019
8JWlDpe.png

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/8JWlDpe

asim patan

Reputable
BANNED
Sep 16, 2019
Sorry. In this config it can not be done.
You can mount G: drive as folder on C: drive though. Probably not, what you wanted.

Best thing to do, is getting a new SSD and migrating your windows to it. 250GB SSD - at least.

Thanks, guys for your kind info...
Actually I read somewhere if we are able to convert basic disk to dynamic disk we can able to move, So I converted this Disk 0 hard disk to dynamic disk.
But now I'm unable to proceed further. later I tried to convert to basic disk but without data loss I am unable.
I found AOMEI partition assistant through which we can convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss. So if anybody has license code share here, it may help many people
Thanks in advance :)

rgd1101

Don't
Thanks, guys for your kind info...
Actually I read somewhere if we are able to convert basic disk to dynamic disk we can able to move, So I converted this Disk 0 hard disk to dynamic disk.
But now I'm unable to proceed further. later I tried to convert to basic disk but without data loss I am unable.
I found AOMEI partition assistant through which we can convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss. So if anybody has license code share here, it may help many people
Thanks in advance :)
nothing is 100%. just another thread. user have issue with the software.
backup. and backup.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Indeed. If one were to stick with an actual HDD as the system drive, which I would not, you can get a 1TB internal HDD for way under $50 US. Small SSDs (e.g. 125 GB or even 250 GB) for under $50 US as well.

It's a simple matter to clone the existing system drive to either one, then extend the C: partition to assimilate the additional space. Some cloning utilities let you do the clone and extend as a single action.

My jaw dropped when I saw that Disk Manager screen shot.

USAFRet

Titan
Assuming this is a spinning drive, 80GB capacity has not been sold in well over a decade.
That thing is living on borrowed time.

Merging that (Storage Spaces) with the still TooSmall available space (53GB) on the 1TB vastly increases the complexity of recovery when (not if) that little 80GB thing dies.

Removing that 80GB means you lose a whole 8% of your current drive space.
Not even a sneeze worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.