Extend Community WiFi with different router

Jan 5, 2019
Ok been looking for answers for some time now.
we have secured wifi at our communities pool/lodge building....our house is across the street...i can connect to it via Laptop and Mobile and have great speeds while in front of house BUT My Roku TV in back room does not and id like a LAN option as well.
Can I use a wifi range extender to connect to the pool wifi and plug the LAN port of the range extender into a separate wifi router this way i can have a semi private network in my house with a much stronger signal and use a different ssid and security??

Jan 5, 2019
Nope i pay for this wifi just by being a dues paying member / property owner here... Like i said i use it all the time from my living room. as do my 2 neighbors BUT as i said just looking to get it to the other tv.....we all use the same password in any of the community buildings on site AND we have the option to install an antenna on any home to bring the wifi inside the house Many others have the antenna since they are out of local range of the main building SO nothing unethical at all. I find it crazy to ad an antenna when i have really decent signal as is. Just looking to extend it a bit if its even possible.

kanewolf

Titan

You and I just have different ethics. You pay for the use of it for when you are at the pool, IMO. Taking bandwidth from the pool users, because you don't want to buy your own home internet service is unethical, IMO.

Jan 5, 2019
Well we cant get cable or fios at indidual homes here just what the community GIVES us like i said it works fine out front just not in back.....we all use HD Antenna or satellite since we cant get anything else.