Question Extend network 4 floors down.

Oct 16, 2023
I'm trying to extend wifi down 4 floors, outdoors. The entrance to the garages is straight below my balcony and my garage is about 15m from the entrance. I have an access point on my balcony that provides a strong signal at the entrance but no signal at the garage door. Are there any ptp outdoor extenders I can use in a vertical configuration? Running Ethernet from the garage to the entrance is not an issue, it's about a 20m run.

kanewolf

Titan
I'm trying to extend wifi down 4 floors, outdoors. The entrance to the garages is straight below my balcony and my garage is about 15m from the entrance. I have an access point on my balcony that provides a strong signal at the entrance but no signal at the garage door. Are there any ptp outdoor extenders I can use in a vertical configuration? Running Ethernet from the garage to the entrance is not an issue, it's about a 20m run.
The problem is that most outdoor equipment takes advantage of "up" to keep water out. Rotating "up" to "sideways" may allow water to enter.

Oct 16, 2023
The reason I need to extend my internet to the garage is for a loratap garage door wifi controller. I'm tempted to drop outdoor cat5 down the side of the building and into the garage. It's maybe 50-60 meters.

The reason I need to extend my internet to the garage is for a loratap garage door wifi controller. I'm tempted to drop outdoor cat5 down the side of the building and into the garage. It's maybe 50-60 meters.
If you can run a cable that is always the best option. Once you have it installed it will pretty much run and you never bother with it again. Make sure you buy pure copper cable with wire size 22-24. Ethernet can go 100 meters so you have no distance issues.

TRENDING THREADS