Extend wifi 200 feet

brooke0711

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I have been reading a lot of threads, and it's like a foreign language. I have Comcast and they said the newest box should extend the range but it didn't.
Im trying to get wifi from my house, to a trailer that is probably only 100 feet away. lets day 200 to be Safe.
How can I do this, which products? I do not understand anything about computers or wifi and how it works...
Thank you..

Solution
You can use parabolic antennas as a point to point circuit (router connects to jumper cable connects to antenna 1, 100-200 feet of air in between, then antenna 2 connects to jumper cable connects to indoor antenna). Or for something more reliable you could run LMR-240 cable or thicker between the router and an antenna in the trailer. You need a router where the antennas detach either way. Or you could use an Alfa wifi adapter instead. So it depends on your budget and the local weather conditions as to which solution is better for you.

kanewolf

Titan
If you don't understand anything about computers or networking, you probably need on-site help from somebody. It could be a college student or even a high school student. But you need somebody who understands the terminology we would use to help you set it up.

How close to the outside of your house is your main Comcast WIFI source? What type of material is the house walls made out of? I assume the trailer has metal walls. I also assume you have power to the trailer. Is the trailer powered by the same main electrical breaker as the house?

vmfantom

Notable
Nov 28, 2017
You can use parabolic antennas as a point to point circuit (router connects to jumper cable connects to antenna 1, 100-200 feet of air in between, then antenna 2 connects to jumper cable connects to indoor antenna). Or for something more reliable you could run LMR-240 cable or thicker between the router and an antenna in the trailer. You need a router where the antennas detach either way. Or you could use an Alfa wifi adapter instead. So it depends on your budget and the local weather conditions as to which solution is better for you.

Solution