Question Extended Desktop Gaming Settings

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Hey guys... no idea if this is a Win10, Video Card or Video Game forum post, so went games ....

I don't play video games often, but, do have a few from STEAM and unfortunately a couple that I have were obviously designed for a controller and kinda suck with a keyboard.

I have a PS3 Controller (genuine) and computer is a few feet from the TV so bought a longer HDMI 2.0 cable and followed these directions to get the PS3 to work. Bought a TPLink Bluetooth dongle as well. Didn't go quite as smoothly, it kept disabling my Logitech wireless adapter and turning my keyboard off. Eventually it's working... for now.

I have an ASUS GTX 1060 6GB card with a few outputs. I believe my monitor is display port then used one of the 2 HDMI for the TV. I chose extended, so both screens have the desktop wallpaper (full image on both not half one one, half the other) and the mouse goes from mine over to the TV.

I went into audio and clicked test and sound comes through the sound bar on my TV.

2 issues I have though....

1) I have to start the game, switch to windowed, drag to screen #2, turn off windowed, set the resolution, then play... it won't just launch games to screen #2

2) Audio test works, but game playing on screen #2 audio still comes through the PC speakers

Anyone know of settings I can use to fix these issues?

Only games I have are through STEAM... not sure if NVidia has a setting, Win10, or Steam itself.

1. Under the display settings in windows (right click the desktop) set the TV as your primary monitor (box at the bottom of the menu) , that would force games to open on that screen.
  2. Check your sound settings by right clicking the icon in the bottom right of your screen. You should be able to chose an output device from there.
If that fails to help, open control panel and simply disable everything but the TV sound (potentially listed as HDMI).

THRobinson

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
This site never seems to notify when a reply is posted...

I set the tv to mirror the monitor so both show the same, and when not in use I clicked disabled for the tv... Though now my screensaver never kicks in.

Audio... I see it, I can click it and test it but pushes through the pc.

Since not used often I may try the option you listed for swit hing primary... Maybe that will switch audio if lucky.