Extended Display for Windows 7 Computer

rrreed

Honorable
May 25, 2018
I just want to extend my desktop display to a second monitor but I'm not seeming to have much luck. I tried using a couple of adapters and both of those were junk so I ended up picking up a cheap graphics card and installing it. I can use either the onboard vga port or the newly added vga port but not both at the same time. Do I need to and is it possible to integrate the two together? And if not then is it possible to connect the second monitor to the hdmi port on the new card and run both monitors off the same card?

Computer Model: Dell Vostros 220
Graphics: G45 Express Chip Set

New Graphics Card: Radeon HD6450

Solution
Your HD6450 should allow you to use three monitors using the appropriate adapters from the GPU side of things. You should essentially be connecting off the Dedicated GPU's output ports. If you're extending to a secondary display, can you please state what the make and models of both your displays are? You should also make sure you're working with as table/latest version of drivers for your GPU from AMD's support site.

Read more here.

Lutfij

Titan
Your HD6450 should allow you to use three monitors using the appropriate adapters from the GPU side of things. You should essentially be connecting off the Dedicated GPU's output ports. If you're extending to a secondary display, can you please state what the make and models of both your displays are? You should also make sure you're working with as table/latest version of drivers for your GPU from AMD's support site.

Read more here.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS