Question Extender router issues

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all

Can someone please help?So my house has terrible signal I have a lte router which is in my room,I have a coaxial cable running through the wall up to the roof to the antenna booster where it’s currently getting around 65-68db from the network tower which is as good as it can get. I cannot pick up my router via WiFi anywhere in my house,not even the room next door to mine because of the walls so I have an extender router in the passage about 5m away from my router. That makes the WiFi work in the next room,that’s about it. Nowhere in the house. I would basically have to put a router in everyroom sounds crazy I know.

Now I need to get WiFi to a room outside. The extender doesn’t work I’ve tried and no signal. What do I do?

Should I run a 60foot Ethernet cable from my router to the room and just plug it into the extender there so I’ll have direct connection . But what about the weather?rain wind snow etc for the cable?Any other plans and advice would help. I have a

Depending on the building materials some houses absorb huge amounts or radio energy. It does not even have to be the walls some paint or wall papers contain small amounts of metal and that block signal very well.

Pretty much you need something that passes through the wall. If you have tv coax in the rooms you might try MoCA adapters. You can also try powerline adapters and use the electrical wires. The newest powerline units based on AV2 works the best but there are still stubborn houses they do not.

You can of course pay money and get someone to run ethernet cables in the walls or if you are skilled at fixing walls and painting you can do it yourself.

At least you house is likely very quite since the same thing that blocks wifi also reduces sounds.

Not sure what you mean by a cable outdoors. They make outdoors ethernet cable. They also make outdoor AP and other equipment. If you want a outdoor wifi radio source you can look at AP from ubiquiti but many other companies make them.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Ye the walls in my house are only concrete and especially hard to drill into. As you said building materials,it could be the corogated iron on the roof that’s causing it. It’s with all cellular networks not one.

I am not sure if iron could interfere with the Ethernet cables as the entire roof is flat with iron or will it be fine?

Paying someone to do it could be expensive. I will rather do it myself and if I need help I’ll go to YouTube it’s better that way. I was thinking of running the Ethernet cable through the same hole where the coaxial cable is which would be a good choice as I won’t have to drill.

Sorry what I mean is there’s a room behind my garage,the only way to get the cable inside is how the coaxial cable is running through my room. I don’t have any ceiling so it’s a big problem with cables.

That sounds like a good idea the reason I asked about that is because the roof gets so hot and I’m not sure how long the cable will last. I have never herd of that before I just looked at the site maybe that’s what I need. it’s just a bummer because of how the structure is. Thank you very much I appreciate your help and assistance

I see you can run ethernet cable on the outside of the house, the ISP do it all the time. Best to get outdoor rated cable. You could use normal indoor cable if it is mostly protected. Rain won't do much but sitting in water or touching the ground will. The ground will eat the plastic in many cases. The largest risk is actually the sun when you have cable on the side of the house. Latex house paint tends to solve the issue.

Still outdoor cable is not that much more. Be very careful to not buy CCA cable buy pure copper cable no matter what type of ethernet cable you decide to buy.