Extender vs Router ????

Hi folks, I know this is and old question, but I would like to hear
your latest ideas on it:

There is a WTR54G (that cannot be moved or wired or anything), working
fine, and giving me a 40% intensity signal in a certain part of my
house (place A), and just 10% (or less) where I want to use my laptop
(place B).

Some people recommend me to install a WRE54G in Place A, and that will
give me a good signal in place B (sacrifying 50% of the 54MBts
bandwidth is ok to me).

Some others tell me that will not solve my problem, and I have to
install another router, instead of a repeater (I do not know what
model to use), that should capture the WTR54G signal, reads it, and
generates a 'new' network. (I think that was their idea, not sure).

Please your advice !

Andres from Buenos Aires

Ron

Andres,
I have not truly used this product but this sounds ideal for you.

http://www.linksys.com/splash/wre54g_splash.asp

Ron from New Lexington, Ohio

"Andres Dagotto" <dagotto@ar.ibm.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks, I know this is and old question, but I would like to hear
> your latest ideas on it:
>
> There is a WTR54G (that cannot be moved or wired or anything), working
> fine, and giving me a 40% intensity signal in a certain part of my
> house (place A), and just 10% (or less) where I want to use my laptop
> (place B).
>
> Some people recommend me to install a WRE54G in Place A, and that will
> give me a good signal in place B (sacrifying 50% of the 54MBts
> bandwidth is ok to me).
>
> Some others tell me that will not solve my problem, and I have to
> install another router, instead of a repeater (I do not know what
> model to use), that should capture the WTR54G signal, reads it, and
> generates a 'new' network. (I think that was their idea, not sure).
>
> Please your advice !
>
> Andres from Buenos Aires

TRENDING THREADS