[SOLVED] Extending a Coaxial fed Gateway w/out wires everywhere.... Can it be done?? šŸ§šŸ„ø

Feb 26, 2021
So Iā€™ve lived off of DSL internet for my adult life and am now making the glorious move to coaxial internet (1 Gbps plan).

That said, my new gateway (Netgear Nighthawk 7100V) is located downstairs and my computer is.... upstairs...... Herein lies my issue.

Moving the gateway upstairs is a no-go as the only other coax outlets are in bedrooms (no thanks, potential canceršŸ˜…). The way I got around this with DSL was just having an ethernet adapter (TP-Link AV600 powerline Ethernet adapter) plugged into an outlet in my room to carry the signal through. So...

QUESTION(s): Does anyone know if the above mentioned adapter could work with a coaxial fed gateway like the one I listed? If so, does anyone have an idea how badly your dropping your mbps pulling a stunt like this? (If this is just a bad idea.... got any good ones? Lol)

Thanks guys,
- Chris

Solution
The av600 are just the older av500 units renamed. You will get far less than 100mbps on those units. Even the best av2000 type units might get at most 300mbps. All depends on your wires.

Your best option is like moca unit to use the coax cables.
Feb 26, 2021
The av600 are just the older av500 units renamed. You will get far less than 100mbps on those units. Even the best av2000 type units might get at most 300mbps. All depends on your wires.

Your best option is like moca unit to use the coax cables.

Thanks so much, mah dude! Just ordered my MoCA adapters šŸ˜„šŸ‘

Feb 26, 2021
This:

"Moving the gateway upstairs is a no-go as the only other coax outlets are in bedrooms (no thanks, potential cancer)".

Consider that the /your premise for not using coax is dubious.

Go (as suggested) with ther moca unit and coax cables.

Thanks for the confirmation, my friend!