Extending wallpaper on Radeon 5850?

timmaciejewski

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Hi all,

Noob question. Just built a new computer with a Radeon 5850. I have three monitors. I don't want to have a group created where all three monitors act as one (i.e. the task bar stretches across all three monitors). I like being able to maximize a window and have it only stretch as large as the single monitor it is currently on. I do, however, want the desktop wallpaper to extend across all three monitors.

How can I do this?

Thank you.

4745454b

Titan
There is a program that will do this, I think its called Ultramon. Not free however. The easy way to do this is to resize your photo(s) if needed then stich them together. Photoshop or Irfanview will do this for you. Make the new photo your background and your done.

timmaciejewski

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010

Is there a way to set a unique background image for each monitor without using a third-party application?

4745454b

Titan
Not from windows, that I'm aware of. I did this when I had my dual screen setup. My desktop was 1280x1024, and my tv was of course 640x480. I simply used Irfanview to stitch two pictures together side by side, and made that single new picture my background. The biggest hassle was when I wanted to change the background, as I'd have to do that all over again.

TRENDING THREADS