Question Extension cable from UPS ?

Jun 13, 2021
I live in an older home and my computer will ideally be in a spot that is too far away for my cyberpower UPS to reach.

Is it safe to run an extension cable from the wall outlet to the UPS?

Or should I plug the UPS into the wall and run an extension cable from the computer to the UPS?

if either one of these options is safe to do can someone recommend a good extension cable that is appropriate to use in this scenario?

TIA

Adam0ne

Great
Feb 9, 2021
No. Risk is too high.

For your reference. Also, please read the manual (UPS).

I live in an older home and my computer will ideally be in a spot that is too far away for my cyberpower UPS to reach.

Is it safe to run an extension cable from the wall outlet to the UPS?

Or should I plug the UPS into the wall and run an extension cable from the computer to the UPS?

if either one of these options is safe to do can someone recommend a good extension cable that is appropriate to use in this scenario?

TIA
Same rules apply to extension cords plug into or from a UPS than into the wall. Additional connections and cord length adds resistance that drops voltages.

I personally would run a massive cord (like the kind you use on an air compressor or wet dry vac in your garage) to the UPS. Then plug directly into the UPS.

ASK THE COMMUNITY