Question Exterme noise on new microphone

Apr 25, 2019
Hello everyone!

My friends were angry that I am using a webcam microphone (because it is really unusable), so I decided to buy a some great one. Based on some reviews I choosed a kit with nw700 and power supply nw100. The problem is that it is really quiet and really noisy. I don´t know what can cause this problem. I can kinda remove the noise in recording with audacity, but I want to use it mainly for gaming so my friends can have decent experience.

Here is a preview and my settings.

Does anyone have any idea why is the noise so noticeable? My motherboard is ASUS Prime B250 Pro (just in case it´s onboard soundcard has something to do with it. I tried all kinds of things (multiple settings of gain and levels, driver versions and linux), but nothing helped and I am starting to be kinda sad because I thought it´s gonna be a great mic.

Thank you for your ideas.

EDIT: I double checked all connections and they are right. The power supply should be working (blue led).

Lutfij

Titan
Can you list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers with the latest found off of Realtek. See if that sorts out the issue with the mic.

Apr 25, 2019
Can you list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling your audio drivers with the latest found off of Realtek. See if that sorts out the issue with the mic.

CPU: I5-7400
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250 Pro
Ram: 8GB HyperX
SSD: Crusial 128gb
GPU: GTX1060 3G

Latest BIOS and latest drivers installed.

TRENDING THREADS