External Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

CV Powell

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
I have a bad habit of breaking laptop charge ports. I've done it to several computers and at least two iphones over the years. The port that attaches to the motherboard breaks so that the charger cannot attach. Last time I did this to my cell phone, we found a universal exterior battery charger. I pop out the battery, stick it into the charger, and plug into the wall. Do they make these for laptops? I have a Lenovo 80e3, but it'd be nice to have a universal one for the next time I get (and break) a laptop.

Solution

I think the problem might be leaving them plugged in and then someone trips over the charge cord or something. Maybe just not leaving them plugged in would help... I've also considered getting a desktop next time.[/quotemsg]

Maybe just use an extension cord so that the cable is relaxed and laying on the ground. This way when someone does walk over is there is a way smaller chance the cable will latch onto them.

Just be gentle and use 2 hands when handeling the charge port and cable this way you won't break it. These ports aren't that fragile so you need to really put some force on it to break them.

CV Powell

Prominent
Aug 11, 2017
Just be gentle and use 2 hands when handeling the charge port and cable this way you won't break it. These ports aren't that fragile so you need to really put some force on it to break them.[/quotemsg]

I think the problem might be leaving them plugged in and then someone trips over the charge cord or something. Maybe just not leaving them plugged in would help... I've also considered getting a desktop next time.

I think the problem might be leaving them plugged in and then someone trips over the charge cord or something. Maybe just not leaving them plugged in would help... I've also considered getting a desktop next time.[/quotemsg]

Maybe just use an extension cord so that the cable is relaxed and laying on the ground. This way when someone does walk over is there is a way smaller chance the cable will latch onto them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.