Question External blue-ray writer/read drive for storing file

Nov 20, 2020
Hi, I'm looking for an external Blue-ray writer/reader, and I want it to back-up my photo, video, and music on it. I know that this method is not permanent but I still want to have it, my problem is I don't know what drive/disc speed is good for this kind of flies? or in other words What speed should I go for if I want (not Ulra-fast) good read/write speed?

any advice would be appreciated. thanks.:)

Ralston18

Titan
You may be working with competing requirements.

Speed may be important but limited if, for example, by your PC host only having USB 2.0 ports.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/best-desktop-blu-ray-drives-832423

And when it comes to backups - reliability, recoverability , etc. are more important than speed.

Read some product reviews and think about your environment, requirements, and budget.

Pick two or three products that appear to match your needs. And are purchasable in some manner with respect to where you live.

Then visit the respective manufacturer websites to read User Guides/Manuals, Forums, and FAQs.

Check the availability of media and the costs of media as well.

Reactions: Humaida
Nov 20, 2020
You may be working with competing requirements.

Speed may be important but limited if, for example, by your PC host only having USB 2.0 ports.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/best-desktop-blu-ray-drives-832423

And when it comes to backups - reliability, recoverability , etc. are more important than speed.

Read some product reviews and think about your environment, requirements, and budget.

Pick two or three products that appear to match your needs. And are purchasable in some manner with respect to where you live.

Then visit the respective manufacturer websites to read User Guides/Manuals, Forums, and FAQs.

Check the availability of media and the costs of media as well.
you are right, the USB2.0 may cause slowness, fortunately, My laptop has 2 (USB 3.0 Type-A) port, so that may not be a big issue.

I took a look at the link you sent, and... the good one was a little expensive (of course good stuff tends to be a little pricey). I may pick a cheaper one from the list and do my research.

well, thank you a lot sir. thanks a lot for your advice.