[SOLVED] External booting and using a laptop with windows 10 preinstalled

My small memory laptop is preinstalled with windows 10. Now, I have an old model scanner which
does not work with this win10. There is no support either from the scanner company, they stopped
supporting this old model. I tried searching a lot but failed to get the scanner working.
If I boot my laptop with an external CD or something with an older version of windows (XP or vista),
will I be able to use the scanner with this laptop then? XP and vista has driver available for the scanner from company website.
Please suggest
Thanks a lot

Solution
You can't boot into the OS from a dvd for windows.
You can use a Virtual machine like VM workstation to run vista or XP inside of windows 10 but that might be difficult with low memory.
You could list the scanner model here and also look it up on the net,if it has a linux driver you can boot into linux from a USB stick and use your scanner there.
You can use a Virtual machine like VM workstation to run vista or XP inside of windows 10 but that might be difficult with low memory.
You could list the scanner model here and also look it up on the net,if it has a linux driver you can boot into linux from a USB stick and use your scanner there.

Solution
Thanks a lot!