External charger for HP Travel Mouse?

I have an HP Rechargeable Wireless USB Travel Mouse (DU961A) --
according to the manual, the only way to charge this item is via the
laptop when it is powered on.

I noticed on the bottom of the mouse that there are two metal contacts
-- the same type of things you see on a cordless phone to charge the
handset.

Is there something similar I can use to charge the mouse when I'm not
using the laptop? HP? Third party? Radio shack?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Pray wrote:
> I have an HP Rechargeable Wireless USB Travel Mouse (DU961A) --
> according to the manual, the only way to charge this item is via the
> laptop when it is powered on.
>
> I noticed on the bottom of the mouse that there are two metal contacts
> -- the same type of things you see on a cordless phone to charge the
> handset.
>
> Is there something similar I can use to charge the mouse when I'm not
> using the laptop? HP? Third party? Radio shack?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

Take a look at the Targus mouse. It has the same general type of
contacts. OTOH, the Logitech wireless notebook mice are a good buy
simply for battery savings alone.