Question External component for wifi/bluetooth compatibility

Sep 30, 2020
Hello , first post :sweatsmile:

This thread is uploaded with regards to a question i had about whether a wifi adapter or wifi/bluetooth card would be best suited to connnect to my mini pc i own a Asus Pb60 it does not come with built-in wifi card therefore i need something which provides better connection currently im just using the dongle (TP-Link tl-wn727n) which i want to replace with better one
any suggestions or tips will be highly appreciated, Thanks.

Hello , first post :sweatsmile:

This thread is uploaded with regards to a question i had about whether a wifi adapter or wifi/bluetooth card would be best suited to connnect to my mini pc i own a Asus Pb60 it does not come with built-in wifi card therefore i need something which provides better connection currently im just using the dongle (TP-Link tl-wn727n) which i want to replace with better one
any suggestions or tips will be highly appreciated, Thanks.
There're several good dongles with capabilities for wireless N or AC depending on your router capabilities. No matter which one you get, if you have really bad line-of-sight to the router the results will likely disappoint to some degree but there are fixes for that also, ie.. extenders or repositioning the router where possible. Your TP-Link is wireless N only and limited to 150Mbps which is pretty dated by current standards. What brand and model router do you have? What modem are you using? Is there a specific reason you don't use the ethernet port on the PB60? Is the PB60 using windows 10?

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020
There're several good dongles with capabilities for wireless N or AC depending on your router capabilities. No matter which one you get, if you have really bad line-of-sight to the router the results will likely disappoint to some degree but there are fixes for that also, ie.. extenders or repositioning the router where possible. Your TP-Link is wireless N only and limited to 150Mbps which is pretty dated by current standards. What brand and model router do you have? What modem are you using? Is there a specific reason you don't use the ethernet port on the PB60? Is the PB60 using windows 10?

Greetings,
I am not using the ethernet port on the PB60 as the line of sight to the modem as you mentioned is infact not that well , the modem im using is from netis it was provided by the internet company and yes the PB60 is running windows 10 , and yeah my current dongle is very unreliable therefore i wanted to request any suggestions for wifi extenders or network cards

Greetings,
I am not using the ethernet port on the PB60 as the line of sight to the modem as you mentioned is infact not that well , the modem im using is from netis it was provided by the internet company and yes the PB60 is running windows 10 , and yeah my current dongle is very unreliable therefore i wanted to request any suggestions for wifi extenders or network cards
A new, faster dongle could present the same issue if line-of-sight is bad. Extenders range in price from inexpensive to ridiculous. I'd try an inexpensive extender before replacing the wifi dongle. It plugs directly into an AC outlet and is very simple. You may have to experiment with different locations in your home to get the best result. This has the potential of improving your connection but the speed will not increase above what the dongle can deliver. You can get better dongles with 300Mbps or higher if you want to improve over the 150Mbps offered by your current model. I'd try the extender first. It can improve connection for other wireless devices you may have.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42

Reactions: TA1277
Sep 30, 2020
A new, faster dongle could present the same issue if line-of-sight is bad. Extenders range in price from inexpensive to ridiculous. I'd try an inexpensive extender before replacing the wifi dongle. It plugs directly into an AC outlet and is very simple. You may have to experiment with different locations in your home to get the best result. This has the potential of improving your connection but the speed will not increase above what the dongle can deliver. You can get better dongles with 300Mbps or higher if you want to improve over the 150Mbps offered by your current model. I'd try the extender first. It can improve connection for other wireless devices you may have.
https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-External-Antennas-TL-WA855RE/dp/B0195Y0A42
That is very helpful i will look into a wifi range extender thank you very much :)