Question External display on laptop is randomly disconnecting with VGA to HDMI adapter ?

boubir

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Hello there,

I own a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP with a VGA port and a Lenovo legion laptop (82JY009GCC) running Windows 11. Since the laptop only has an HDMI port for an external display, I bought an adapter https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KLKQN9U?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details to connect it all. The connection worked fine for a day then started having issues, The main one being the fact that the monitor will randomly disconnect and reconnect every few minutes, I've changed the cable and reconnected/made sure everything was well fit. I messed around with the refresh rate and that didn't do much. The monitor was also tested on different devices and worked just fine. Is the problem from the adapter or something with my computer isn't letting it work?

Lutfij

Titan
Perhaps try and hook the adapter to another platform(outside of your laptop) and see if the adapter exhibits the same issue.

As for your laptop, check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check and see if the OS is pending any updates, then finally use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

boubir

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Perhaps try and hook the adapter to another platform(outside of your laptop) and see if the adapter exhibits the same issue.

As for your laptop, check and see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check and see if the OS is pending any updates, then finally use DDU to remove all GPU drivers, then manually reinstall all drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
I don't know if this changes anything but the adapter seems to only bug out when I'm playing a game.