New User 337

Distinguished
May 17, 2015
I am running Win 10 Pro on an Intel Core i7 4770K CPU. I have an external 5 bay SATA cabinet with about 40T (four 10s and some change) and need to expand. I do not need RAID or anything complicated or "stylish". A cabinet with maybe 10 or more bays, fan cooling, a power supply, a few LEDs for troubleshooting and I'm good to go. I would like to stay away from units that require proprietary hardware etc. Price is a factor but will not get in the way of a good, long term decision. That being said, I don't want to spend $1,000s on a pro rack mounted cabinet. A priced right, rack mount is OK though. I'm asking for suggestions on a cabnet only, used is definitely an option. Thanks in advance.

I am running Win 10 Pro on an Intel Core i7 4770K CPU. I have an external 5 bay SATA cabinet with about 40T (four 10s and some change) and need to expand. I do not need RAID or anything complicated or "stylish". A cabinet with maybe 10 or more bays, fan cooling, a power supply, a few LEDs for troubleshooting and I'm good to go. I would like to stay away from units that require proprietary hardware etc. Price is a factor but will not get in the way of a good, long term decision. That being said, I don't want to spend $1,000s on a pro rack mounted cabinet. A priced right, rack mount is OK though. I'm asking for suggestions on a cabnet only, used is definitely an option. Thanks in advance.
See if this fits.

https://www.amazon.com/QNAP-TL-D800...+Attached+Storage&qid=1650626990&sr=8-10&th=1

New User 337

Distinguished
May 17, 2015
Just to round this out. I ordered a Mediasonic. It looks like a decent cabinet for the price. I'll update this at some point in the future after its installed and I've had a chance to see how it performs. Thanks for the input.

New User 337

Distinguished
May 17, 2015
Update. The Mediasonic is a really nice cabinet. Unfortunately I didn't know USB does not support drive spanning. That was a deal breaker for me and my application so I returned it. BUT, for anyone needing an inexpensive tower and doesn't need to span drives I would recommend it. Also, the tech support was generally responsive and knowledgeable.