[SOLVED] External drive showing, but not opening in Safemode...

jjj333

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
External drive showing, but not opening in Safemode. - Weird, because it opens in normal mode and I have another external drive, which opens in Safemode (!!) I like to open it in Safemode, because I store sensitive data on this drive, fearing (Eset, Internet etc.) data interference. I thought it must be something to do with the external drive's MBR?
I update its MBR with "Paragon Hard Disk Manager" in Safemode, but didn't help; still fails to open the USB drive. I also tried to change the F: drive's letter, but it Disk Management recommended not to do that. What else might causing it?
I also make sure to safely remove the drive from USB.
I run Toshiba Satellite L850D // PSKECA-01N002 // Win 7 32-bits

Warm Regards, from young pensioner (78) Jo in Townsville. Qld // North Australia

External drive showing, but not opening in Safemode. - Weird, because it opens in normal mode and I have another external drive, which opens in Safemode (!!) I like to open it in Safemode, because I store sensitive data on this drive, fearing (Eset, Internet etc.) data interference. I thought it must be something to do with the external drive's MBR?
I update its MBR with "Paragon Hard Disk Manager" in Safemode, but didn't help; still fails to open the USB drive. I also tried to change the F: drive's letter, but it Disk Management recommended not to do that. What else might causing it?
I also make sure to safely remove the drive from USB.
I run Toshiba Satellite L850D // PSKECA-01N002 // Win 7 32-bits

Warm Regards, from young pensioner (78) Jo in Townsville. Qld // North Australia

If you tested this drive and it opens in normal mode then your thoughts about "data interference" is already gone since you opened it that way already. Not really sure what your worry is about the files that you want to have it open in safe mode. If you fear some sort of thing happening because the computer is on the internet, just disconnect the network cable or from the WiFi signal before you use this drive.