Question external GPU connection

Mar 27, 2023
Hi all. I currently have an hp laptop and am looking to upgrade my graphics card. I need to have nvidia 3060ti or equivalent. Unfortunately my laptop does not support thunderbolt 4 connections. Is there a way to use an adapter for connection? Such as Thunderbolt female to USB A male? Or perhaps to a super speed type-C connection with out losing too much speed?
Or, does any one know of an equivalent GPU that does not require thunderbolt compatibility?

Mar 27, 2023
Why do you "need" a 3060Ti or equivalent?
Chances are the rest of your laptop hardware (CPU, RAM, etc) wont be enough to keep up with the external card/tasks requiring said card either.
I am looking to use GSPro golf simulation software. 3060ti is one of the minimum requirements. I've aleardy updated my RAM and SSD. Was assured by HP the CPU should be able to handle it. (for what their opinion is worth)

While according to the recommended specs a 3060TI would be your best bet for 1080, Once you start to introduce an external GPU solution you will probably need a more powerful GPU. You're better off getting a desktop, or a new laptop with a more powerful GPU.

Recommended minimum hardware for 1080p play:
  1. 4GB free space
  2. GTX 970
  3. 8GB memory
  4. Stable internet Connection
  5. Ethernet port and/or BT depending on Launch Monitor

Recommended hardware for a great 1080p experience:
  1. 10GB free space
  2. RTX 3060ti GPU
  3. 16GB memory

Recommended hardware for a great 4k experience:
  1. 10GB free space