External hard disk seagate expansion 1tb not accesible

ashargkl1000

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
My external hard disk was working fine until one day it stuck on a transfer and i unplugged it. My pc shows the device with its name but the thumbnail is missing. When i click in it it say device not accessible. However easeus recovery software shows all files and when i put my laptop on safe mode, hard disk works normally and i can transfer move any data i want. Also when i connect it to my haier led, i can see all the files

Solution
At this point of time, it'd be a good idea to back up your data on the external drive to a drive on your laptop(perhaps) using a recovery software. You can later format the drive and then get back to using as is but it sounds like the drive is either on it's way out or if it's brand new then it entails an RMA since the device shouldn't halt at transferring mid way for any length of time.

It'd offer more light on the matter if you could pass on the make and model of the external drive.

Lutfij

Titan
At this point of time, it'd be a good idea to back up your data on the external drive to a drive on your laptop(perhaps) using a recovery software. You can later format the drive and then get back to using as is but it sounds like the drive is either on it's way out or if it's brand new then it entails an RMA since the device shouldn't halt at transferring mid way for any length of time.

It'd offer more light on the matter if you could pass on the make and model of the external drive.

Solution