external hard disk

Solution
Hey there, Jaspreetsingh_1.

Did you have any issues with the drive prior to this problem? Any unusual sounds/noises coming from the drive; freezing/hanging the system when you connect it; unusual transfer speed etc? Is the drive recognized by Device Manager, Disk Management, or even BIOS? Do you have data which you need to recover?

You should start with the basic troubleshooting steps: try the drive with a different USB cable to see if the same thing happens; try it with a different computer as well, or at least with different USB ports on yours. If you don't need to recover data you can try running some diagnostic tests, so I'd recommend that you download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive for errors and bad...
Hey there, Jaspreetsingh_1.

Did you have any issues with the drive prior to this problem? Any unusual sounds/noises coming from the drive; freezing/hanging the system when you connect it; unusual transfer speed etc? Is the drive recognized by Device Manager, Disk Management, or even BIOS? Do you have data which you need to recover?

You should start with the basic troubleshooting steps: try the drive with a different USB cable to see if the same thing happens; try it with a different computer as well, or at least with different USB ports on yours. If you don't need to recover data you can try running some diagnostic tests, so I'd recommend that you download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and test the drive for errors and bad sectors.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution