[SOLVED] External Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashdsingh2004

Honorable
Oct 6, 2018
I have a Seagate Skyhawk 2TB hard disk which contains:-
C:
D: Anime, movies, songs, softwares (1TB total space)
E: personal documents and files

I want to convert it into external hard disk (don't ask me why), so how will the process work?

I mean I saw various videos to buy a case and we just have to connect it with USB to another laptop or PC.

So my question is should I format the c drive and then use it or should I directly use the disk using the case?

Because then how will the disk align it's drives when I connect it to new laptop or PC? Will data be lost if I do it directly? Or what?

(Because I really have approx 500GB of anime + movies which I can't afford to lose)

Please guide me.

Solution
I could have backed up. But then the whole point of converting it into external hard disk would be pointless.
If you suggest cloud, then, my friend, I don't have any cloud service with 500GB space and that high internet.
Having that critical data on a single device is simply flirting with disaster.
Especially considering what you're getting ready to do. There are far too many ways for 'oops' to appear.

USAFRet

Titan
I could have backed up. But then the whole point of converting it into external hard disk would be pointless.
If you suggest cloud, then, my friend, I don't have any cloud service with 500GB space and that high internet.
Having that critical data on a single device is simply flirting with disaster.
Especially considering what you're getting ready to do. There are far too many ways for 'oops' to appear.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.