External Hard Drive I/O Error

hamedfazelm

Distinguished
May 21, 2010
Hello
I Have a seagate external hard drive.
In some folders I cant access the folder and when I click on folder windows prompts:
"the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error"
I tested my hard drive on several computers with windows xp and 7 and the problem didn't solved.
but when I use Mini windows on Hiren boot cd, there is no problem.
please guide me.
thank you

Solution
friends i tried almost all possible ways to resolve I/O error on external 1TB WD drive but with no success… then what happened I just tried to format it with Windows 8.1 bootable CD, it didn’t format, but when I restart my windows it start appearing the win-explorer it tried to scan it with chkdsk but it was saying the drive is write protected, then followed below lines which removed the read only issue and it is working fine with me …. I thanks God.

miqbal81

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
friends i tried almost all possible ways to resolve I/O error on external 1TB WD drive but with no success… then what happened I just tried to format it with Windows 8.1 bootable CD, it didn’t format, but when I restart my windows it start appearing the win-explorer it tried to scan it with chkdsk but it was saying the drive is write protected, then followed below lines which removed the read only issue and it is working fine with me …. I thanks God.

Solution

samimH

Reputable
Mar 16, 2015

i faced with this problem i dont know what to do, if need to open hard drive i will open it, i dont know what to do, i think there is not any solution for this kind of problem

chris8877

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

do not open your HDD whatever you do it will never work again let me say this learned from my mistake and lost everything just back your stuff up dude and trash the drive hdds are cheap these days