External Hard Drive Issues

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Hi
when going to view files on Hard Drive thru the TV all folders will show, but when I go into them some of the folders will be empty. Plug the HD into the PC and all folders are there. Have done a disk error check and all is fine. External HD is brand new, can this issue be fixed
Cheers

Solution
The important thing is that you got a new drive at least. If the vendor has agreed to replace the HDD then it was probably a fault of some sort with the drive itself.
Hey there, kiwi68.

Check if the files you have in these folders are supported by the TV. Try a different USB port on the TV (if you have more than one). Try a different USB cable, just to make sure that it's not its fault.
You could backup your data and reformat the drive, to see if that would fix things up.

What kind of disk error check have you performed? I'd suggest that you download the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool and run the tests on the drive to see if anything alarming shows up.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Boogieman_WD

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Problem still exists - all folders are presents when 1st turning h/drive on, go to click a certain and nothing will be there. After that the folder has disappeared as well. All I can then see is the files that I can access ..
No problems with files when checking on PC

Perhaps the TV does not support the capacity of the drive and thus the issues you've been experiencing. Maybe you could check that up in the TV's user manual. Other than that, there might some sort of weird incompatibility issue. I'd advise you to get in touch with the TV manufacturer's customer support to see if the guys there can come up with a solution, or at least an answer.

Please keep me posted.

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016

kiwi68

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Hi, there is no problem with the TV and never has been.
Drive was returned to the shop and replacement drive with the same files has been fine. Seagate has no contact details so was never able to find out what the problem was.

TRENDING THREADS